Dear PFB Parents,
I wanted to take a moment to inform you about the current series we are teaching in the High School Ministry at Pomona First Baptist Church. Currently we are going through the book of Romans and about to end chapter 1, which talks about issues of sexuality and sexual promiscuity. Because this is such an important topic, especially among mid-adolescents, we are going to be in a 5-week series that talks candidly about God’s plan for sex, dating and marriage. Here are the details for the upcoming series:
• March 4th: Identity & Adoption – Ryan Palmer (this message will lead the students to the understanding that we belong to Christ and that our value and worth is found in the love and grace of God)
• March 11th: Dating – Ryan Palmer (this message is leading students to the understanding of what it means to have proper boundaries, accountability and mentorship for healthy dating)
• March 18th: Sex Part 1 – Ryan Palmer (In this teaching we will breakdown the realities of sex, sex defined biblically and what the world says about it)
• March 25th: Sex Part 2 – Rob Schwandt, Jesse Hunter, Ashley Copenhaver, Courtney Romero (In this teaching panel, the students will be in a discussion of what it means to have healthy boundaries of sexuality, responsibility as a believer to purity and healing for past mistakes)
• April 1st: Marriage – Ryan Palmer (We will be finishing up our series with Gods design for marriage and how students can successfully abstain from sex until marriage)
This series is incredibly important for our high school students. We’re praying for scores of commitments and life-change to the Biblical understanding of sex.
I’m sharing these insights with you so you will know what your student will be hearing, and so you can use them as launching pads for discussion. I also wanted to give you this “heads up” because I recognize some may not feel the timing is appropriate for your teenagers’ specific needs. If this is the case, please feel free to have them attend the adult worship service with you as appropriate.
Thanks for allowing our High School Ministry team to play a small part in God’s plan for your teenager’s life!
Ryan Palmer Lead High School Pastor