Sunday, February 27, 2011
Hello Parents, We are packing up now and will be heading home soon. We were originally planning on being back at the church between 12pm and 1pm. It looks like our ETA to the church will be 2:15pm the latest and 1:30 the earliest. Thanks for working with us and we will see you soon.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
First Everyone is at Camp and Safe. I am apologize for the delay in the update. Let me just begin with the trip up here.
We didn't hit any bad weather until about half way up the mountain when they stopped each car to put on chains. This was a process but not to bad as we got them on all the vehicles and were on our way up. As we were approaching Crestline town the luggage van broke the cable chains on the passenger side of the van and was able to make it to the beginning of the town but was going no further as weather began to worsen. later I would find out that the bus lost its chain right before the hill up to the camp and was able to go no further. The students walked up the road and made it to camp just fine but it would be another 3 hours before we could transport all of there luggage into a Camp vehicle and up to camp. We were off of schedule and in a place we hoped not to be. GOD is still good even in the middle of storms.
All the students went to bed and woke up to about 1 1/2 of snow on the ground and having a blast. So I am looking forward to seeing what God teaches the rest of the weekend. Thank you for your prayers.
I will keep you posted about the weekend and arrival time home tomorrow. Again we are shooting between 12 and 1pm but that may change due to weather.
Lead High School Pastor