Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Saturday, September 8, 2012
You can help your student continue to grasp the truths from this week’s conversation by asking these or similar questions:
- Have you ever tried to wrap your brain around the idea of eternity—and the truth that God has always existed and will continue to exist forever? As humans, can we even truly begin to grasp that idea?
- John frequently used the idea of Jesus being a light to the world. In what ways is your school or our community a spiritually dark place? What are some things you could do to bring the spiritual light of Jesus to your school or our town?
- If you were telling a friend that finding life in Christ is the best thing that has ever happened to you, how would you say and explain it?
I want to encourage you and your teenager to read the entire Gospel of John over the next few weeks, which can be done by simply reading one of its 21 chapters each day. Thanks for all your prayers for our Sunday Morning worship service. Have a great week!
Monday, June 18, 2012
- In what areas of your life do you struggle the most in maintaining your integrity?
- What are some ways you’ve grown in integrity? What choices or decisions or habits have helped you?
- What’s something you could start doing differently at your job, on a sports team, or at school that would communicate your integrity?
Monday, June 4, 2012
Thursday, April 26, 2012
This is an amazing opportunity for you to get away from the busyness and distractions that high school students face on a daily basis. You will hear the gospel preached, be challenged through scripture, engage in times of worship, be involved in high energy recreation, and have a camp experience like never before.
Cost: $300 ($75 deposit holds your spot)
Check out this video for a look at what camp at Hume Lake is like:
Don't wait to sign up for this amazing opportunity!
Contact Courtney at (909) 629-5277 x3038 for more info.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
We have some great events coming up....here are the dates so you can put them on your calendars.
Friday April 13
Meet at PFB, we will take a bus over to APU and play in their Auxillary Courts.
Competitors: Cornerstone Bible Church and Grace Baptist Church
Dinner not provided, so eat beforehand.
Fundraising Car Wash
Saturday April 14
8 am- 2pm
Sunday April 22
Come out and support our high school choir singing the National Anthem!
Meet at the stadium.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
I would like to talk to you about summer camp. This summer we will not be going to Bass Lake as done in the past. There are multiple reasons for this change but the biggest two are the timing of when the sites were available, and the lack of resources due to the poor quality of the lake. Bass has been a great trip in the past and God has used it in a great way at PFB. This summer we have a new and exciting opportunity that I am so pumped about. The high school ministry will be going to Hume Lake Christian Camps, July 8th to July 15th. Included is a full week of camp along side 1,000 other students with every meal provided (breakfast/lunch/dinner). In addition, they will be getting a camp t-shirt and DVD. Hume Lake offers powerful worship, a great speaker, paintball, high ropes, kayaking, disc golf and much much more. Normally the cost of Hume is $500 per student, but we are able to charge our students $300. The cost is only $50 more than last year. There are only 43 spots available. Therefore, the first 43 students to register with a $75 non-refundable deposit will secure their spot.
What about the Cost?
We understand that $300 is still a lot of money and can seem overwhelming when paying it all at once. We have come up with a few different payment options that may be more convenient for your family. If you were to do a weekly plan there are 18 Sundays starting from this Sunday Feb 26th 2012, before the final payment is due. This breaks down the cost to about $13 a week after the deposit. If you were to do a monthly plan, it would come out to about $57 a month (March –June) after the deposit. If you were to do a two-payment method it would come out to two payments of about $113 after the deposit. These options are meant to be a resource to you and not meant to be a restriction. The final payment for all registered campers will be Sunday June 24th 2012. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Courtney Romero (909) 629 – 5277 ext. 3038.
Lead High School Pastor